Saturday, October 5, 2013

A finish - meet Cinder

Just a little ornament to add to my rather meager collection of fall smalls.

This is Cinder and he stitched up quite quickly and was fun, I love whimsical, retro, vintage Halloween.  Not much for the scary gory stuff.

The chart is from Hinzeit.  He is attached to thin chipboard and then wool felt was added, a twist of floss outlines the stitched portion.  I didn't put the ribbon on yet, but wanted a photo to prove to myself I can finish something.


Mr. Owl is progressing, I need to put up a status report on him.  I hope to get him done for Halloween but it remains to be seen.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the adorable finish Rosemary. I like the way you finished it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI rosemary, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like gory or demonic stuff either, so I really love your vintage Halloween needlepoint! Your craftsmanship is amazing. Have a blessed weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cinder is so pretty. I love seeing your progress, and your finishes. Keep on stitchin' on.

    ReplyDelete