Thursday, April 30, 2015

WIP - Prairie Schooler booklet - Home Words

There is no place like home.  Home Sweet Home.  The soft place we have to land when life is tough.  Home might be a traditional family of Mom and Dad (you might be either), 2.5 kids, minivan, and a nice home in the suburbs.  Your home might be a partner and three cats or three roommates and one cat.  But whatever it happens to be, I hope that you have a safe place to land where there is someone or something that loves you and comforts you.

I would like to make a wall in our dining room set aside for wordy cross-stitch - the samplers, the sayings, and so on.  My dream is to paint it a warm, buttery yellow that will just make those who enter feel embraced and cozy.  That's the plan and I hope to make it happen this summer.  Then I can add more and more wordy cross stitch projects to the wall.  Perhaps seasonal changes or perhaps not.  That's the beauty of thinking about it and having options.

So, here's a work in progress.  It's a Prairie Schooler, because I love my Prairie Schoolers and it is from a booklet entitled Home Words.  The one I'm working on is Home Sweet Home.  It's on 18ct. Aida, but you know, I have to get back to you on the color.  It's kind of an oatmeal shade...and I like it with the style of the sampler, it has a rustic but not primitive feel.  It makes me think of a happy place for me, aside from home, Colonial Williamsburg.

 I think the pet on the left is supposed to be a dog, but I'm thinking for me it should be a second cat, we always have at least two in the home at any given time.  

1 comment:

  1. Oohhh! I used Behr paint color Butter Cream for a kitchen color. Looked warm on the walls! Beautiful stitching! Every home shoukd have two cats.

    ReplyDelete