Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Stitch Along - A Finish and a Start!

I have my Prairie Schooler stitch along that I'm doing with Debbie and Linda.

As you may have read, June has been vexing me....a lot.

Now I may rejoice - it's done!  It's really a cute design, and since it's done, I'm not NEARLY as frustrated.




In the spirit of this, I started July, I really would like to get one done in time to finish it completely and use it.  Is that too much to ask? (apparently)  I think you also have a pretty good idea of the July theme too...


Interesting little story to pass along, I was sitting in the surgical waiting area as Mom had another procedure and was stitching on the June piece when a Vietnamese man struck up a conversation.  His mother used to cross stitch and he operates a mechanical embroidery machine.  He went out and brought in samples of the logos he does, they were really well done and we had such a nice conversation.  I learned about the intricacies of machine embroidery and he was interested in learning how different fabrics yield different results - not unlike is own work.  The time passed so pleasantly and quickly.  I love how many conversations can be started with people expressing an interest in a stitching project.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how crafting can bring people just a little bit closer in places where you least expect it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rosemary, the June PS square looks wonderful! I'm still working on April, but you're really giving me the incentive to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rosemary. Congrats on the June finish and July start. I guess I'm gonna have to work on these more that just Saturday. I need to catch up.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete